Valorisation and Promotion
To facilitate the effective use of research results by society and especially companies, a prior value enhancement process must be applied to the knowledge in question, based on technical and market potential criteria.
This process is carried out in four phases:
- A result identification phase.
- A transfer potential evaluation phase.
- The protection of intellectual and industrial property rights.
- Commercialization through licensing; creating of spin-off business or by collaborating on R&D work to carry out concept testing.
Services provided by the OTRI to support the value enhancement and promotion of research activity and research results:
- ODR, Monitoring Centre for Result Detection (Observatori per a la Detecció de Resultats). This centre monitors the R&D obtained on collaborative projects and contracts.
- Assessment of the exploitation potential for research results by analyzing the technical, financial and market potential.
- Commercialization of research results. Determination of viable business ventures: a business license, establishment of a spin-off business or concept testing.
- Dissemination and promotion of UV skills and research results.
- Identification of sectorial needs and their transference to research groups and institutes in order to promote the constitution of multidisciplinary groups with capacity to handle projects which meet those needs – Projectes Integra.
- Development/mobilization of concept testing, trials, prototyping, scaling, feasibility testing.
- Support Decision-making regarding the protection of the results and transfer them by licensing to a company or through the creation of a spin-off business.
- Management of new research group registration.
- Publicizing the importance of the UV as a centre of excellence in teaching and research and its potential as an agent in the management of innovation. Scientific and technological offer.