The OTRI, as a structure halfway between the University and society, it strives to support and encourage effective relationships for the exchange of knowledge which can be applied to the needs of industrial companies, social and services enterprises by facilitating the transfer.
These objectives are broken down into the following functions:
- Structuring and dissemination of the database of knowledge, skills and technological resources available at the University of Valencia.
- Identify transferable results that have been generated by the research groups and assess their potential for transfer.
- Assess, protect and to manage intellectual property generated by the University and to work in the dissemination and transfer of the results to organizations.
- Organize the negotiation and management of research contracts with public and private bodies.
- Promote and give technical support to the university community's participation in R&D in collaboration with companies.
- Facilitate and provide appropriate mechanisms for effective knowledge transfer. These are:
- Concept testing to demonstrate the applicability of protected knowledge and the viability of its commercial exploitation.
- Licensing, use and exploitation of intellectual and industrial UV rights
- The promotion and regulation of the creation of spin-off companies.